The Femina Theater
Light on the Femina theater in Bordeaux and its varied program.
History of the Femina theater
Inaugurated in 1921 in the heart of the Bordeaux city, the Femina theater is one of the most prestigious concert halls in Bordeaux. In the 1930s and 1940s, it also became a movie theater, under the leadership of Pathé-Nathan. It fulfilled this function for half a century before becoming, from 1977, a theater and performance hall. It was at this time that its ambitious development work was carried out. In the large room that can accommodate 1,200 people, two colors dominate: gold and red. The gold of the capitals, the doors and the ceiling, the red of the comfortable velvet armchairs. Today, the decor of the Femina theater hall is a subtle blend of two styles, Louis XVI and Art Nouveau. This embellishment was possible thanks to an agreement between the defenders of the project and the City of Bordeaux. Since 2004, it has been managed by two companies: Alhambra Production & Euterpe Promotion. A century after its inauguration, the Femina theater constitutes one of the high places of the theater, the dance and the opera of Bordeaux and, by extension, one of the most important cultural spaces of the southwest of France.
A program of concerts and various events
Since its creation, the Femina theater in Bordeaux has attracted the greatest French and international artists. Music, humor, theater: an overview of the essential events scheduled at the Femina Theater in Bordeaux in 2020 and 2021:
- March 5 to 7: The Knights of Fiel (humor)
- March 12: David Hallyday (music)
- March 14: Kheiron (humor)
- March 16: Fabien Olicard (humor)
- March 18: Julie Ferrier (humor)
- March 25: Supertramp and Dire Straits (humor)
- April 4: The Glass Menagerie (theater)
- April 18: Verino (music)
- May 13: Jeanne Mas (music)
- May 15: Laurent Baffie (humor)
- May 28: Anne Roumanoff (humor)
- June 6: Frédéric François (music)
- October 3: Maxime Le Forestier (music)
- October 14 to 17: The most beautiful opera arias (music)
- October 29: Kyan Khojandi (humor)
- December 3: Garou (music)
- December 4: Seb Mellia (humor)
- December 8: Yannick Noah (music)
- From December 12 to 23: Sleeping Beauty (music)
- December 31: France in songs (music)
- January 9, 2021: Michèle Bernier (humor)
- February 23: Patricia Kaas (music)
The Femina Theater in Bordeaux can accommodate 1,145 people, all seats included (701 orchestra seats, 444 balcony seats). It houses a dozen lodges, one reserved for artists, several individual and collective lodges for 7 to 8 people. It is located in a pedestrian area at 10 rue de Grassi. If you come by car, you will have to park in one of the two public car parks near the hall (Grands Hommes or Allée de Tourny). The theater is served by the tram (Grand Théâtre stop). You can buy your tickets on site between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday (ticket office closes at 6:00 p.m. Saturday), or online at www.box.fr.
Do you want to attend a symphony concert? Discover the program of the Bordeaux auditorium.